OR Procedure & Disinfection
The future looks bright, Ultraviolet bright ™
Customized for your needs
- Effectively and quickly disinfects ORs between surgeries and at pre-scheduled times
- Proven to decrease surgical site infections (SSIs) during orthopedic surgeries
- Customized, permanent installation available for use 24/7/365
Each Advanced UVC Light Disinfection System is custom-tailored to meet your facility’s needs in one of the most critical areas of a hospital – the Operating Room. It includes components for surface, upper air and doorway disinfection to provide a blanket of disinfection to the entire OR. Components are permanently installed to assure the effectiveness of the disinfection and eliminate any guesswork in placement. The OR Package has “smart” components that communicate with each other to maximize disinfection and safety.
The Cleanis OR Package is unique in that it provides both terminal room disinfection and wound disinfection during surgery. Studies have shown a reduction in SSIs when orthopedic surgeries are performed under UVC lights.
OR Package is used in:
- Operating room (OR)
- Other areas requiring permanent fixtures (especially large areas)
|Operating Room Package includes||The OR Package is customized to each OR and facility by UVC experts and may include a touchscreen ”smart” controller, indirect wall-mounted fixtures, direct surface-mounted fixtures, door barrier fixtures, warning signs, safety shields and a radiometer for calibration.|
|Precautions for use||Prolonged, direct exposure to UVC light can cause temporary skin redness and eye irritation, but does not cause skin cancer or cataracts. In procedure mode, UVC intensity is reduced, making it safe for occupants wearing appropriate PPE.|
- Is the OR Package only used between surgeries?
No, it can be used during surgery at a lower intensity level. Studies have shown that UVC disinfection can reduce the potential for SSIs in orthopedic surgeries. The OR Package can also be pre-set for scheduled disinfection.
- How can the UVC light both help reduce SSIs but not burn the surgeons, nurses and techs?
The UVC lights over the patient are dimmed to a lower intensity. The surgeons and scrub nurses are already wearing appropriate PPE.
- How long do the lamps in the OR Package typically last?
In a typical OR, the lamps will only need to be replaced about every 5 years.